A lot of people are worried about contaminating the bearings and bushings if they use hairspray; I decided to use a removable plate of glass to not worry about the issue:
Glass plate held in with binder clips. Sorry about the filament bits!
- Go to Lowes (since Home Depot won't cut glass) and get a 10x12" piece of glass. Have them trim it to 10x10 (unless you want to drill holes in it for the bed bolts to go through it. Better yet, get 2 or 3 so you can have 1 "ready" for easy swapping.
- Cut a notch in the front-left leg so you can have the full range of motion without hitting a micro-binder-clip
- Apply hairspray/abs juice/etc to the plate of glass while it is not in your printer. Wait for it to dry.
- Secure it to your printer with 3 binder clips. Be sure it's flat on the bed with nothing between the bed and the glass.
- Adjust Z height if you don't have autolevel.
Now you can print with hairspray without worrying about it contaminating your bearings!